Number & Place Value Part 2: Working Confidently with Number in Upper Key Stage 2
In this second session, Dave focuses on helping children identify, represent, estimate, partition and round numbers. This session will also explore how, through reasoning and problem-solving challenges, children can further develop their sense of number.
This course provides a practical approach to helping children manipulate and work confidently with number.
· Continuing from Part 1, to evaluate a range of manipulatives and images to help children identify, estimate, round and represent numbers, including decimals
· To highlight the importance of being able to partition a number in multiple ways and how sense of number is crucial within mental calculation
· To identify how number sense can be continually developed and explored in context across the mathematics curriculum, including within measurement and algebra
· To appreciate the breadth of resources found on the Number Fun Portal to help children explore and develop their sense of number
· To explore a range of reasoning and problem-solving ideas to help children develop their understanding of number and place value
· To equip delegates with practical and engaging ideas to help children work confidently with Roman numerals