Number & Place Value 2: Working Confidently with Number in Early Years (Nursery & Reception)
This course provides a practical approach to helping children manipulate and work confidently with number.
· Continuing from Part 1, to evaluate a range of manipulatives and images to help children identify and represent numbers and consider how these might be used to support children’s learning
· To highlight the importance of the use of number lines in an Early Years setting
· To explore ideas for continuous provision that will enable children to develop their sense of number within their play
· To appreciate the breadth of resources found on the Number Fun Portal to help children develop their sense of number
· To identify how story and storybooks can help children develop a sense of number
· To explore some simple reasoning and problem-solving ideas to help children develop their understanding of number and place value